Tuesday, April 22, 2014

John O’Gaunt Seniors v Bourn Seniors, Fri 11th April on the JOG course

DSC04114

Sorry to report that we lost our match 3½ to 4½. This was the proverbial game of two halves. We lost our first four matches and then won 3½ out of the last four. I put out what I thought was the strongest pairings first and look what happened. The phrase ‘golf is a funny old game’ comes to mind.

The real winner was the course, I can’t remember the fairways being this good and we were still doing pick and place. The greens are close to being at their best. Just the bunkers to sort out.

So no excuses the weather was great and the course was great. Pity about the golf but we are still in the hunt for the scroll as there is only 1 point in it. I thought the kitchen did us proud!

Regards to all, Jim

No comments: